Virtual assistants help other businesses complete a variety of tasks from home. They can work for almost any business that might need help. This is a great stay at home mom job because it is very flexible and has the potential to allow you to make a lot of money working from home. The amount you get paid will depend on the company, your work, and your experience, as well as your writing samples. As a proofreader, you could work for a company or you could build your own business as a freelance proofreader.
With FlexJobs, you can access hand-screened remote, part-time, freelance, and flexible jobs—quick and easy! Affiliate Marketing is when you refer someone to a product or service online using a unique link (referral) and if they make a purchase through your link you earn a commission. Most of it is completely passive and that’s why this makes for a great at home job for moms. I know this job is not going to be for everyone because it does require being on the phone, BUT if you can be on the phone you should really consider this.
Sign up for the ThinkRemote newsletter and stay up to date with the latest news and tips on remote work and WFH productivity.
It is the most suitable job to be done remotely while taking care of a newborn. If you have the skills and want to advance in the programming field, look for various remote programming positions here. AssistPro specializes in offering virtual assistant services, providing administrative, technical, and creative support for businesses and professionals. Filmless is a video production company that offers professional video editing and production services for businesses, creating engaging video content for various purposes. CVS Health is a healthcare company offering pharmacy services, retail healthcare, and health insurance products to consumers and businesses. A company specializing in providing live chat services and solutions for businesses, offering customer support and engagement through online chat platforms.
Just because others are doing it doesn’t mean you have to rush yourself. If you rush yourself, you could burn yourself out and harm your well-being. The best time to return to work as a new mom is a tough question. The short answer remote job for moms is that there’s no exact time you should go back to work after becoming a mother, as it depends on your situation. Your preferences and lifestyle might differ from another mom’s, so there’s no sense in comparing yourself to others.
FAQs: How to Get Started Finding a Stay-At-Home Mom Job
Bookminders provides professional bookkeeping services to businesses and nonprofit organizations. With a focus on accuracy and financial health, they offer personalized bookkeeping solutions. Start an account with Instagram or Tik Tok for example, create content, and start interacting with your fans. Your following will grow and being contacted by brands for brand deals will soon follow. Think about all the products you use and imagine if you earned $500 to $2,000+ for promoting each one through your network (like on social media or your blog).
- Adecco is a global staffing agency that connects individuals with diverse job opportunities across industries.
- Ernst & Young, or EY, is a global financial services company that provides a host of assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services.
- If you have no background or experience in finance, then you can find a free online accounting and bookkeeping course from Harold Averkamp (CPA, MBA).
- As a proofreader, you’ll be the last set of eyes on a project, ready to catch any mistakes before the final piece of work is submitted.
- It now offers products from more than 100 popular brands, such as Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, Pillsbury, Häagen-Dazs, Fiber One, Green Giant, Cheerios, and Yoplait.
- Social media has become a vital component of advertising and PR for companies in many different industries.
We love the sun, the parks, the lakes, the warmth, and the close proximity to the beach. There’s never a time I can’t get outside, except maybe during a hurricane. For the first two months, we lived with my sister and other family members. My mom and some of my siblings moved to Florida from Alaska while we were in Washington. Once we had set our minds to move, we once again packed up everything and moved to Florida within three weeks. There was a moment just before I had my second child when I looked around and said to myself that this was not what I wanted for my kids.
Proofreading jobs for stay at home moms
Data entry and transcription roles require accuracy and attention to detail. Certifications in project management can boost your chances of finding virtual project management opportunities that align with your expertise. Human resources play a vital role in any organization, and with remote work becoming more prevalent, virtual HR professionals are in demand.
How Much Money Can You Make as a Stay-At-Home Mom?
Blogging can be a life-changing long-term career plan, that has the potential to retire your spouse. The ultimate dream to many mothers is to be able to make money and be at home with their family. By waking up early, or staying up late, working around nap time, or while your kids are in school, you can accomplish your dreams. But there are ways to make real money as a stay-at-home mom. If you have a broad range of marketing skills and an excellent mind for strategy, you can find remote work as a marketing strategist. If you’ve got graphic design skills, you can become a web designer, creating the visual presentation of a website.
- A data entry specialist is someone who enters, updates, and modifies information in a database.
- There was a moment just before I had my second child when I looked around and said to myself that this was not what I wanted for my kids.
- If you’ve got a way with words or an eye for errors, then you could earn a living from writing, proofreading, or editing.
- Jobs like online tutor, virtual assistant, influencer, transcriptionist and freelance writer are all good options.
- But, if you enjoy that type of work, it offers a lot of flexibility.